I get asked quite frequently how does M handle being a big sister? This is a good question, but hard to answer.
A newborn baby (to a 2 year old) does not do much except cry, sleep, and eat. When E was about two weeks old my response to this question was this incident: M brought out the car seat carrier, and said, "Emmy, go home now!" She had no real use for her.
Fast forward seven months to now. Here are some photos that I think best explains the current state of things:
M did not want E to play with any of these toys. She took them out of the playroom and put them in the kitchen, and was happy playing in there by herself.
I could see E didn't have anything to play with so I got her house down for her. Sorry for the poor quality of this picture. I only took this one before we were joined by someone else.
Enters M into the picture who quickly confiscates all the furniture and people from the house. You can tell that E is really broken up by this injustice.
I tell M that we need to share. Ah sibling bliss:
I wish it could end like this all the time. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment