Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 5 Letter E and me being crafty (at the very end)

I wanted to make sure she could shadow match so I got out this matching activity from Our Little Monkeys in her baker's tot pack.
She has needed more challenging puzzles so I printed and laminated this mitten puzzle for her. She needed direction so I think this was a good balance between not being discouraging and challenging. It is from Oopsey Daisy W is for winter pack. I highly recommend this one. She has lots of fun activities and ideas for winter.
This is from a shapes coloring book- Winnie the Pooh themed. She really liked pretending to eat the cookies.
Her grandma bought her this seek n find book for Christmas and she loves it!
I was surprised she liked this book. It belonged to my brother when he was in first grade and wanted to be meteorologist. J and I probably read this about 10 times this week.
Matching the seasons. We talked about what the weather was like during each season. It is from Montessori for Everyone
E 'needed' a bath.
So M washed her.
M loves rhyming books, and so I wondered if she could match sounds that rhyme. This seemed simple enough, and she did really well. I got it from this site Teachers Pay Teachers from the seller Kinderkay. .
I made this for her to have her practice line drawing and see if she would trace yet. She did better at drawing lines, but still no ability to trace which is ok!
I made her this shapes page for her to be able to use her pointer wand. She knows these shapes, but I like to reinforce with the words.
I took those season trees and slipped them under these bowls. She then  took the picture cards from Montessori for Everyone (under season matching cards) and put them in the bowl with the season most likely to find that item. Ex. apples-fall.
I captured lightening in a bottle this week. M went up to her easel and wrote this M and told me so. I don't think she can do it again, but it makes me excited because it shows she has some control over her writing motions. I liken it to a baby rolling over-got to learn that before they can crawl (with many steps in between).
Putting eggs together. Great hand eye coordination practice. You can barely see them but in the upper left corner are some earth cards from Mr. Printables (love this site!). We loved these cards, and she is learning some great vocabulary.
She helped me hand wash the floor this week. She loved getting soaking wet. We had lots of fun being messy together. I love this little memories.
Painting a 'whale' so she told me.
I was getting E her bottle and M comes running up to me saying "mommy I have the Boppy pillow." I replied "oh are you going to feed your baby?" M: "No, I want to feed E." I couldn't resist letting her. She only did this for about 3 minutes and was done.
Our dress up of bunny, fairy, mermaid.
I cannot remember where I saw this. If you know please tell me! I would love to give credit. I had her use blue and green markers and make the earth on a coffee filter. We then sprayed it with a water bottle to make the colors run together. We also talked about land and water. She loves displaying things on her window.
Using picture cards from Montessori for Everyone (can you tell I like that site?) I had her make a little what to wear book. I was going to get out 4 baskets and clothes from each season and have her put them in the right basket, but I was lazy about it and didn't want to pull stuff out.
I wish I had taken a better picture, but I reorganized the playroom and put stuff on our new bookcase. It has helped so much! I also like these hearts with verses on them. I saw them on Pinterest, which is from The Craft Classroom. Next week I am going to start working on M memorizing one of the Bible verses.

I was inspired by this pin on Pinterest for some Valentine's decoration. It should not have taken me the 3 weeks it did to finish it, but I did and feel so delighted that I finished a project! If you know me this is pretty big. J did a great job of encouraging me. I have to give credit on how I painted the names on to this pin from That's My Letter. I am not very good at painting, and I thought the process she describes makes it more manageable for someone with my skill (or lack thereof) set.

No comments:

Post a Comment