Monday, May 9, 2011

Tot School 21 months Cinco de Mayo & Gardens

I have never actually celebrated Cinco de Mayo, but this year we were in the mood for fajitas and fun. I printed this banner out from Tip Junkie. My first homemade banner. Maybe this will start a trend?
I printed out this Mexican flag coloring page from DLTK after seeing this activity at the blog Max and Ellie.
I made felt mustaches too! In order to save you from searching dirty mustache like I did, I got my template from Craftster.
Our friends G & C came over to join in on the fun.

This may be my new favorite activity with her. The cutouts are seed packets with either a flower or a vegetable on them. I would hold it up and if she knew what it was she would say it ex. carrot. I would then ask her, flower or vegetable, and she would then glue it and put it in its correct rectangle. I was amazed at how well she did this. I got it from Homeschool Creations garden pack.
This is M's favorite activity matching her vegetables to the pictures on the cards. I just made these myself. She now knows each of these by name.
Stamping
She loves being this kitchen so I thought we would work on those vocabulary words with real life objects. Her favorite part was playing with them, of course! The cards on the floor are from Our Little Monkeys baker's tot pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment