I am starting to feel better on a more consistent basis. I am going to admit that I hit my end point at around 4pm and I put blocks or something on the floor for M and watch Judge Judy. Better than soaps right?
The weather was really nice this week therefore we spent much time outside.
I had modeled for her how to transfer water from one bucket to another with a sponge. She really enjoyed this, but it involves water so I wasn't surprised. Also, our retired neighbors watched her from over the fence which made this even better.
We then got tired of the sponge and moved to splashing rocks.
She took a very good afternoon nap.
Sidewalk chalk.
the beloved popper
more rock moving
I decided to water the grass and she ended up soaked through. She literally climbed into the bushes in order to get wet.
In her zoo costume feeding her hippo
We read The Little House by Virginia Burton this week. This was our follow-up activity. I made from pieces of felt the parts of a house and let her put it together while I told her what each piece was. She only would attempt to repeat 'door' and not very well and not more than once, but what can I do?
I did show her the window piece and point to our window and this is what she did. I was so proud of her!
funneling rice from an old spice container into an old water bottle (not as messy as I thought it would be)
A first: putting something away on the shelf without being told
This bank is from the Target dollar spot and I thought she would like it better than her Pooh bank because of the slot and the size of this one. She is putting pennies inside.
I also got her this broom and dust pan, again from the Target dollar spot, I got tired of her trying to take my broom while I was trying to sweep.
first time with colored pencils
She somewhat sorted her animal counters into groups of 3. I think that is how many she can fit in her hand at one time instead of actually counting.
Her fun box. She didn't like this as much as I thought she would. I will try again later. It is scraps of fabric, ribbon, and some hangars.
She did pretty well at sorting her counters by color.
It is much more fun though to just set them up on her table and talk to them.
Since I had the felt and was already cutting for the house I also, made her a pizza.
No comments:
Post a Comment