Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 2 Letter B

I try to set up her table the night before with activities she can choose from. They tend to be ones that I know she can attempt to do without my guided instruction. This is a simple snowflake match from Confessions of a Homeschooler and nuts and bolts from the Target dollar spot (months ago).
We talked about the crescent or moon shape. I made this mat where she needs to sort the crescent shaped objects from the non-crescent shaped ones. She struggled with this, and needed my help quite a bit.
Cutting vegetables (her idea). She is like her father when she concentrates really hard she need to have her mouth open.
This is our new game. These are foam shaped stars from the Target dollar spot (this month) and she stands in the middle and I call out a color and she jumps on it.
We sat on chairs and 'bird watched.' She loves pointing out the duck. I got this from the Cornell Ornithology society.
Counting with bears. These umbrella cards are from Musings of Me, but she is no longer having the free printables on her blog.
She then decided to play with them differently for about half an hour.
The B notebook. She did really well. She likes to point the correct answer and then draw all over the page. She doesn't have a sense of lines quite yet. All the pages in the 2 pictures are below are from my Super Preschool book by School Zone.

Letter puzzles
We read all the time, but I realized last week I didn't tell you my focus book. (Letter A was Ten Apples up on Top by Theo LeSeig aka Dr. Suess) My focus book is one we read multiple times and goes with the letter of the week. M and I love this book Me and My Amazing Body by Joan Sweeney. It is informative and written at a level where M can understand certain things, and also will eventually learn even more things. I hope that makes sense.
This picture is somewhat hard to see. I traced her body and she had a blast coloring it in. We talked about where her arms, legs, neck, head, elbows, etc were and I labeled it.
This is from a coloring book that she got for her birthday from a friend. You dip the brush in water and the color appears on the paper. She thought this was great.
Playing paddle ball with a balloon. I got the idea from Pinterest and here is a link to the blog itself Pen N' Paper flowers.
She painted the binoculars first, and then I let her finger paint all over the newspaper with the leftover paint.
This the toilet paper rolls, but we haven't quite finished them yet. I got this idea from Pinterest and it is originally from the blog Meet the Dubiens.


No comments:

Post a Comment