Monday, January 9, 2012

La Posada

La Posada is a live nativity. I have no idea the Spanish translation. Arlington Heights UMC and another Methodist church put this together every year before Christmas. This year the weather was not favorable so they moved it to last night- Epiphany. We were able to go with sweet friends.

M's first time on a bus and loved every minute of it! She was glued to this window.
They shuttled us to a small church about one mile away.

She was brave and touched the donkey.
After singing some carols and the reading of Luke 2 we walked to AHUMC. I had trouble taking a picture walking backwards and capturing J's head apparently. If you look E is in the double stroller.
Mary & Joseph
H & M watched as the angels told the shepherds the good news.

They did have three camels with the wise men, but with the bustling of people I had trouble getting even a slightly decent picture.
Following the 'program' they had a petting zoo. Her favorite was the grey bunny and this sheep. J liked the teacup pig. I chose not to go in. I am not a huge fan of chickens.
Here is M admiring the camels and eating Mexican sweet bread.
It was a wonderful night. I hope next year they are able to have it before Christmas I think it would have been slightly more powerful. Still...what an amazing night it was over 2,000 years ago.

Joy to the world the Lord is come!

No comments:

Post a Comment