Since M has Irish blood in her, and J loves this holiday. I went all out in the planning of green and shamrock activities. Perhaps one year I will be brave and make a corned beef brisket...
In this activity, she matches the Leapfrog Fridge phonic magnets to its corresponding shamrock letter on an old cookie sheet. I got the letters from Oopsey Daisy's G is for Green pack.
I then just let her play with the letters in her Leapfrog Fridge Phonics.
I am not sure why she is holding her breath, but she is spooning green pom poms. I am amazed at how well she does at this activity. Every time she gets just a little better.
Leprechaun sorting. She likes to talk and play with the cards-the picture amuses her, but she gets real tired of this real fast. I got this from Musings of Me.
M LOVES this song. I must have sang it to her about 10 times at least. I kept hearing "more, more".
The leprechauns are from Musings of Me, but the song is from Oopsey Daisy.
I made this myself using Microsoft Publisher, but the idea is from Oopsey Daisy. M will glue/place one shamrock, or 'gold coin' to the number one.
M putting shamrock stickers from Target's dollar spot onto a sheet of construction paper. You will see that I cut these out and put them into a sensory bin.
I am in love with these Spring cards from Montessori for Everyone. I printed off 2 sets in order for M to match them, but I also will take 2 cards, and for example, ask: "Which one is the bird?" This is a great resource especially for teaching science.
We made the Oobleck last week. It has an interesting consistency that changes with friction. You can get the 'recipe' from many sources, but mine is from instructables. M loved this and in being true to form made a mess!
I made this puzzle for her. We had these blocks that I got on clearance from Target. They are the Circo brand. I just cut a piece of scrap cardboard from a package we had received and then glued a piece of construction paper to it. I, then, traced around each shape and voila a puzzle.
This is her green St. Patrick's Day sensory bin. I am so excited because I can reuse everything in it. It is split green peas to be used in these Chez Beeper Bebe bean bags. Scraps of tissue and construction paper which will be used in her shamrock art activity. Foam stickers that will be put right back where they came from. I am going to use them when I teach her the circle. Lastly, I gathered all the green animals from her counters.
We are going to have green pudding on the 17th as a special treat.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment