I found these cute animal cards from Currclick. She likes to match the animals together. I also talk with her about what sounds each one makes. She can tell you what a horse and cow say, but the sheep is only when she feels like it.
She started to do this all on her own. She likes to match her Fisher Price farm animals to the animal on the card.
Using an old medicine dropper filled with green food coloring dyed vinegar to baking soda. She really liked watching it fizz. I am so glad I put everything into this pan!
Putting her Easter eggs that she chose bought at Dollar Tree into an old cleaned egg carton
I was in the kitchen cooking and she was driving me crazy, therefore I pulled all our pots out and had her match the lids. I love when I get moments of inspiration.
We attempted water colors, but she didn't really like it and made a mess. I took them away and gave her water that I put red food coloring in. This worked so much better!
I have been really working with her on sorting and recognizing different colors and shapes. Here she is sorting dog and cat pictures. I made this using Microsoft clip art. If you want a copy I can email it to you.
Sorting the colored Goldfish on this mat I made her.
I got this idea from Pink and Green Mama. I love her blog. I can't believe it took me so long to find her. M loves pretend play. Here she is washing her baby. We used a small soap bottle and wet washcloth.
She insisted to wrap the baby up in a towel and brush her hair. I love it when incorporates her own ideas.
Now we did try this with an all plastic doll and real water and soap. M thought she needed a bath and got soap and water everywhere (as the next 2 pictures show). However, I think she still had a good time and I had a good laugh. I think we may try this again when she is a little bit older.
Happy Monday!
If you want to what others are doing check out Tot School.
Katie, she is going to be so smart!! I'm so impressed with you for teaching her so much stuff. She is going to be a great helper at bath time with baby #2, obviously :) Hope to see you guys soon!
ReplyDelete