Monday, November 22, 2010

Tot Week 2 and other news

It was a crazy week last week. Jeremy's truck died and was such in need of repair that we made the decision to scrap it, but some friend of the mechanic offered to buy it.

So today it was sold. Selling it made J feel much better. Needless to say we are down to one car. We are not quite sure what we want, but being on one car isn't bad. Really. It will be interesting when women's Bible study starts back up again. Hopefully we can find a good deal and make a decision by January.

What made a not so great week worse was M caught a cold. I had forgotten what sleepless nights were like. Last night, though, she turned a corner and slept through the whole night. Which is really good because J and I have both caught what she had.

We did what we could in regards to Tot Week:

This was an interesting 1 to 1 correspondence. I had a bunch of York Peppermint Patties (how does she innately know that they are candy?) and wanted her to put one in each muffin hole. She kind of sort of did one or two but mainly wanted to put them all back in my leaf bowl and carry them around. Later that day two were on the floor and she picked them up and put them each in one hole of the muffin tin (that had been left on the kitchen floor). I was so proud.

I love these cards from Homeschool Creations. I need to laminate them, but card stock has held up nicely. She also made them in Spanish. Color matching wasn't perfection, but I like that she did try to sort them just not by any method I could determine ;).
Our Native American for Thanksgiving. This week she is going to do a pilgrim. I wish I would have printed these in B&W so she could have colored them first. Oh well. She loves to point at this on the fridge. This and other great coloring pages and crafts are here.
This activity required lots of supervision, but I liked how she had to figure out how to put the skewer in the jug. I need to save a milk container and get clothespins or something.
More 1 to 1 correspondence. Getting better at this...
Now this is one of my favorites. I got the idea from I can Teach my Child. She loves to pull toilet paper and this let her pull and pull to her little heart's content. It is just a long strip of fabric and a wipes container. She recommended the Huggies because it has rubber grips, but I started this with the Pampers and it works fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment