Friday, November 12, 2010

Tot School Week 1

I found this blog, 1+1+1=1, last week and thought I could do that. It is basically where you have purposeful play with your toddler every week. I am not going to 'link up' because I like keeping my blog on the low end of readership. I also found this planning form for it HomeSchoolCreations. I like it, because it makes our week more scheduled, and I remember to work on things with her. Jeremy likes looking at the plan on the fridge and knows what she is going to do that day.

This is what M's week looked like:

Putting pennies in a bank. This wasn't very successful. She had a hard time with this-maybe because the slot is at an angle? She will just have to keep working at this skill.

coloring her 'A' page
I think we are done.
going to collect rocks by the lake
Our corn activity-she is placing strips of paper on her corn for the niblets. I found this activity here. I thought I would do this over the course of 3 days-each day doing one ear of corn, but she really liked it so we did all 3 at one time. The first time I put the glue on,
but the 2nd ear she wanted to glue. I recommend a wet towel nearby to clean up if you do this.
playing with her homemade playdough found here. It is quite simple to make plus if she sticks some in her mouth it is alright. Our cookie cutters didn't take long to become bracelets.
M loves the dishwasher so I let her take the flatware basket and put her forks & spoons in and out of it. Once we get the hang of it I am going to have her sort by putting forks in one compartment and spoons in another. Then we will work on sorting by color.
She loves lids! This activity was a variety of containers, this use to hold lunch meat, and she took on & off the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment