Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Portland Oregon

We were honored to be invited to J's childhood friend's wedding in Portland. The girls stayed with my parents. We missed them terribly, but it was nice to be just the two of us. Thanks Mom, Dad, and my brother & sister!

Thursday, we arrived, and headed to Multnomah Falls. It is absolutely one of the most beautiful places I have seen.
J is up on the bridge with his arms out. I think we chose the most crowded day to visit.
Saturday morning was the wedding. This is where the ceremony was held. It was so special to be surrounded by all those trees.
I enjoy eating on porches. I am not sure why, but I was really glad the reception was there. I am not one to take pictures during the wedding. I am always afraid of getting in the paid photographers way. The bride was, of course, beautiful, in her mother's lace gown. Congratulations N&J! We are so grateful and happy to have been part of your big day!

Sunday, we hit the road for the coast. Cannon Beach is about an hour away from Portland, and the scenery along the drive was amazing.

Haystack Rock
There was a negative tide that morning, so we were able to see our first star fish.
the tidal pool

Those mountains go on forever. We also visited the spot where Lewis & Clark ended their expedition to the Pacific Ocean (it is in Seaside.) We ate at the Salt & Straw (a gallon of their ice cream is $58!, a scoop is about $3.50), and shopped at Powell's bookstore. It was a very nice trip, and a wonderful way to escape the summer heat of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment