Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Big girl beds

We have always wanted our girls to share a room. We had decided that when E got big enough for a big girl bed we would go ahead and move her into M's room. We wanted bunk beds that could also be twin beds.

Reason #1: They are multipurpose. We can use them both ways without having to buy a new bed.
Reason #2: They do not require a box spring, but a flat board. This way it is lower to the ground.

We started pricing them in order to plan ahead finacially. Have you ever priced bunk beds? Gracious. They can be super expensive, unless we wanted to go the metal route. Our answer came in the form of Sam's Club. We found a great deal on surprisingly quality wood beds. Our intention was to wait until at least late summer-early fall to buy it. However, a free twin mattress and bunk bed board came our way, and Sam's club had only one bed left for sale in our store. We thought maybe they are closing out all of them. We bit the bullet and bought them much to our girls' delight. The room is so sparse because I had reorganized everything so that we could fit the beds in. It looks slightly different now, and I still need to frame a couple of posters for over their beds.

E is not ready to move into that room yet. I caved one day and let them attempt to nap together. It was fun for them, but napping was not going to happen. Any advice in this area is appreciated. We think we are going to try again later this summer after traveling is all done.

They look so much older to me in this picture. Sigh. I am glad my baby is still in her crib. Maybe I am not ready. I am ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment