We have been having such fun! I normally don't get overly excited about fall coming. This year is different. I am really excited and thankful. I think it is because I have finally adjusted to having two children. It was really hard for me. I loved it, but God was working on my dependence on Him. I was trying to be a mom on my own strength. I wanted my girls to be perfect. I kept putting my girls on a balance and weighed them against other children. This isn't fair and sucked the joy out of me. I count my blessings now when I find myself comparing. Joy has been renewed because I finally allowed His peace to enter my heart. Someone I met long ago, and blog stalk, even though I am pretty sure she wouldn't remember me, put this verse and a beautiful picture up. It has been the cry of my heart for a couple of months now.
"Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love; so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." -Psalm 90:14
Here is how we have been celebrating fall the last couple of weeks:
I got these trick or treat bags from the Target dollar spot. One night the girls wanted to color them, however, someone was sleepy and didn't want her picture taken.
We made sparkly pumpkins by using a Q-tip to put glue on and then added glitter. This is M's. She calls it Cinderella's pumpkin.
This is E's.
We made Snickers Caramel Apple salad. I got the recipe off of Pinterest from the blog chef in training. The girls had so much fun helping me make it. They enjoyed licking the spoons the best.
E tried to help sister with her counting mat. I got this mat from the blog Can Do Kinders. M did have a lot of fun doing this activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment