Tuesday, September 18, 2012

M's first soccer game

We had a pregame talk in the car on the way there.
1. We don't use our hands. We use our...
2. Listen to Coach E.
3. We don't hold hands. Four year old boys do not like it.
4. We are going to eat the snack when the game is over.
5. Coach is going to give you an uniform to wear!

They play 3 kids and 1 goalie on the field. This makes it nice, because the ball moves quite a bit. She played at noon. Moms with toddlers know this is a terrible time. This is at or near nap time for this age. There were temper tantrums galore. The end of the game it was tough to convince even three of the kids to get on to the field to play. We were concerned about M playing because both practices she refused, and after 15 minutes asked to go home. We were proud. She did play (no temper tantrums!), and I did give her a couple of sips of my Coke to wake her up a bit. The Rockets won 9-0. We have some older boys (will be 5 this fall) on her team that have played before, and one really good player who scored 6 of the goals. The other team also had a terrible time getting players on their team to even go out there.


Pre-game picture
(Those shorts were so big! They kept trying to fall down. In fact one boy on her team had his shorts fall off. I am glad we had an extra pair.)




Waiting for the ball to be passed to her. Maybe.


I love the ref's facial expression in this one. I am not sure what he is telling her, but he is obviously amused.

Lots of falling down

Her first corner kick


M's first save as goalie!

The rest of the time she did a lot of this,

and this. J had to do a lot of coaching back there.



 I love this picture my mom took. She had such a great time! I was being a good parent and part of the tunnel and low five givers.


I think my sweet girl had a great time! We are so proud of her playing to the end, and trying to help her team! Go Rockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment