I usually don't get excited about the things I find at the dollar store. I think it is because I am expecting to find what I normally buy to be there. Saturday, J and I were at the Dollar Tree and I stumbled upon these magnets. These would be so much more expensive to make than the dollar I paid for each set. They are good quality ones too! M and I did these together that day, and she loves them too.
The number set comes with these pictures, a bunch of numbers, the words of numbers, and basic arithmetic symbols. M just place the number under the picture when she did this.
The other set are these shapes and color words. Although M cannot read, each of the words have their color on them to match the color shapes.
This will be when she is older and can read.
There is a third set that I saw, and I am kicking myself for not picking it up. There is a phonics set with pictures and words ex. picture of ant and the word ant.
Note: I found this cookie sheet at Wal-Mart for under $1.
Love this great quiet time activity!
I often underestimate what the dollar store can give me and am pleasantly surprised!!
ReplyDeleteI am realizing more and more that I need to go more often for certain things that I pay way too much for. The $1/lb ribeye steak I will pass on. Thank you!
ReplyDelete