M and I started playing a game. While J was home we showed him and we made some adaptations.
Here is how it goes:
1. I placed some colored balls on one side of her room.
2. She sits down on the other side and waits.
3. I call out a color, she runs grabs just that ball, and places it in her shopping cart or a basket (whichever she prefers).
4. Repeat step 3 until all the balls are picked up.
Our adaptations include fruit, block shapes, and her Nativity people. You could of course use a variety of objects. We thought of using our alphabet and number magnets too.
Reasons I love this game:
can teach colors, shapes, numbers, letters etc.
She gets lots of exercise since it has been colder outside and we have been trading whose turn it is to have a cold.
It is fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment