J and I have been talking about what we want this year to look like and what changes we can make. These are the ones we feel led to by God to make:
Big M:
We are going to homeschool her for preschool. I am going to start doing a letter a week with her next week. I have already started planning. My philosophy on preschool is one of discovery and play and lots of reading. I started planning by looking through, a checklist of sorts about what milestones a child should be learning during this time ex. holds book correctly and looks through pages. I will begin posting her week for my benefit than anything else, but please if you have them offer suggestions and ideas!
She is also going to start doing more out of the house activities this summer and fall. We haven't decided which ones, exactly, but probably swimming lessons, dance, and soccer.
We are hoping she learns how to jump soon. She tries so hard!
J and I:
Reading more. We were doing what our church calls the Quest where you read the Bible in 3 years. I didn't do the first year (the New Testament), but started in year 2 with the Old Testament. We didn't complete year 3 because after E was born we weren't very consistent and then just stopped reading completely. We are about 3-4 months from finishing it. Our goal is to finish the OT and do the NT as well this year.
We have started to write down some titles of books we want to read both together and separately-right now I have no desire to read about water like he has no wish to take my now yearly winter trip to Guernsey.
Organize our shed and garage. Seriously something must be done.
Plant an herb garden. I will not be discouraged. I killed my rosemary and basil plants, because of the drought and my dedication to conserving water. Doesn't that seem like a more nobler reason than my forgetting to water them, and being lazy and not wanting to go out in 100 plus degree weather?
Plan our 5 year anniversary trip for this summer.
Little E:
Oh the little developmental phases she will go through! She is sleep trained and it was so much easier than with M. I think it is because I knew what I was doing, and what it was suppose to look like. She started sleeping through the night right after the doctor said she was big enough to. Hooray! We have just started rice cereal. Her 4 month appointment she was 13 1/2 pounds. She is now 5 months old! Time is going by way too quickly! She has been able to roll over both ways since 3 months and can scoot her body in multiple directions. She has figured out how to push her head and bottom off the ground, but has yet to have them go up at the same time. I see a mobile baby in my near future.
I can't wait to see your posts about homeschool preschool. You are doing so well! Did you follow a certain book or method to get E "sleep trained" as you said? Just curious. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI didn't use a book per se. I did a combination of techniques. I will call soon and tell you about it if you like, plus I want to hear all about how you are doing! Cannot wait to meet your little guy.
ReplyDelete