
We had decided to move on and say farewell to our Soothie. It was the only paci she ever really wanted. Jeremy and I, for the most part, only let her have it for bed time. Honestly, she really didn't care if she had it or not other times. We actually made this decision that it was time about two months ago, but the weekend we decided to try teeth started to come in and that seemed sort of cruel. Saturday became the day, teeth 6 and 7 are in so we bit the bullet. The first nap was horrible! I didn't think we could get through it. I think what ended up helping was we played some lullaby music and she chewed on her lovie Piglet. The next nap she was fussy but it was half-hearted cries on her part (plus we made sure she was really tired). Each nap has gotten easier and easier. I am so relieved! I got tired of cleaning pacifiers especially during this crawling stage where I have to clean her hands all the time.
It has only been a couple of days and I really hope I am not speaking too soon but it looks like we met our goal of no more paci by a year!! Hooray! Now if only I could get her to stop eating grass...
1 battle at a time ;-)
ReplyDelete