A post by Jeremy
First and foremost I want to say to my father and Mike, who I hope will read this, Happy Father's Day. I have learned in my ten + months of being a father that everyday is a new adventure. Today's adventure has been one which I treasure for a lifetime. I woke up this morning after sleeping in til 7 am (sleeping in has a whole new meaning) to Katie saying she would take Maddie and go get my breakfast. Some of you may be wondering why she did not make me breakfast and the simple answer is Taco Cabana breakfast tacos. I grew up in San Antonio and my favorite breakfast by far is breakfast tacos. After breakfast Katie gave me my gifts, a new Wii game, some dress socks and some pictures of Madeline for my desk. Off to church where we heard a great sermon and I received a book on the relationship of William Wilberforce with his children (for more information on William Wilberforce I highly recommend the movie "Amazing Grace"). After church we headed to Central Market for some groceries and lunch. When will they finally open an HEB in Fort Worth? I guess that is another post for another time.
The real adventure took place this evening while we were feeding Madeline dinner. Madeline managed to make a huge mess of her dinner and I was given the task of giving her a bath while Katie cleaned the kitchen. I took her to the bathroom with outstretched arms trying to avoid getting any on myself or the walls. Directly into the bath she went. As I was filling the tub I realized that Maddie was filling the tub as well with her poop. It was a funny moment, baby covered in food, bathtub filled with poop and I am screaming for Katie to come help. Katie comes to my rescue with towel in hand. One more adventure to add to the list on my first Father's Day.
So funny! A good Dad moment for sure.
ReplyDelete