Monday, November 16, 2009

The Bird Mobile

I saw on one of my favorite blogs (http://spoolsewing.com/blog) this pattern for birds and they made a mobile. Theirs is a different style but I adapted it to this. My mom sewed the blue birds and I did the black ones then I did the ribbon. This was a little bit more difficult to hand sew than I thought due to the type of ribbon I chose. I recommend one that won't fray easily. Jeremy sawed and cleaned the sticks and rigged the fishing line, then hung it for me. Tah-dah a cheap, but useful mobile. The best part she loves it!

3 comments:

  1. Yea! She likes it and it looks awesome! Great job to you and to your team of helpers! What is your next project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so crafty! It seems that all of my friends who have recently become new mothers have turned into these crafty sewing clothier extrodanaires! So I'm with Jenn - I'm curious to see your next project :)
    ps - maybe someday you too can eat from a toilet in HK :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adoreable and so vintage looking! You are so crafty Katie. I still have several picture frames that you made for me in college with pretty paper and stickers on them :).

    ReplyDelete