This is the rest of the first week. I took no pictures last week.We still did some school, but it was very limited. We took turns having a rough day. It was nice being very low key, and taking the time to read together. M watched a Curious George episode where he made a solar oven. Therefore we made a solar oven too! Ours wasn't successful because I put ours on the ground and ants got into it. Oops!
The girls counted and put stickers on this sheet I made. E got x's to help her, but M of course had to no help.
Stamping big D's and little d's from Over the Big Moon.
E matching flowers on her magnet sheet. I got it from the blog The Walkers.
A page from the workbook Get Ready for the Code by Nancy Hall. She really does well with this phonics set so far. We had taken a long break from it this summer and am almost ready for the next book.
E sorting and stacking Unifix cubes
I made E this zoo page. She is sorting out the pairs of animals and placing them in their rectangle.
We got these cards from Over the Big Moon. I cut out each word and we read it and she wrote the word on her dry erase board.
Excavating their plastic dinosaurs from the "glacier."
We played with shaving cream as a special activity one afternoon.
Digging for dinosaur bones at the Dino dig at the Fort Worth Museum of Science. We had read books about dinosaurs all that week, and I was amazed at how long they dug for bones. We have an annual membership and this was the longest they ever stayed. We also got to see and talk about the differences in the teeth of meat eating and plant eating dinosaurs.
The girls then wanted to take on the very serious task of solving the crime in the CSI exhibit.
We did take a Saturday trip in between the weeks to Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, but I will blog about that later.








No comments:
Post a Comment