J had a training in College Station this past week for a couple of days. The girls and I decided to tag along. We had so much fun making new friends with some of my dear friends who live there. M still talks about lunch with Miss H. It was wonderful being able to share a place I love with the girls. The past met up with my present. It was fun to think of those great memories.
One of the best things about going there is uncle D lives there. Yes, I did feed my children chicken fingers and french fries for dinner. This is one of J's and my brother's favorite places to eat.
We have walked on campus before when M was little, but it was strange walking around with both girls. I felt old and out of place. I know I am not old, but I couldn't shake the strangeness of it all.
I had the hardest time managing a good picture in front of Kyle. This is the best one. I have some great outtakes though.
Walking around the new MSC
I am pretty sure this is called Reveille's Grill. We are waiting for a root beer float.
Side note: I love college, because that girl is walking around with a bicycle tire.
M had two favorite places-where all the Reveille's are buried, (I am only slightly worried as to why she liked that) and where she could see the train cross over her. She is saying "choo choo."
M is in the "all by myself" phase. She wanted to push E all by herself.
My favorite people watching place-Academic Plaza
When did they change Rudder Fountain?
E taking it all in
M quotes from those few days:
1. "Howdy"- she said this all over campus, and would act hurt when someone wouldn't say it back
2. "E and I are going to go to A&M all by our self." I asked if I could come too, and she replied, "I said ALL by our self!"
3. Friends of ours happened to have their baby while we were in town, and we had the privilege of meeting him. M offered them $50 for their baby. She said she had the money in her pants.
I just read this post and had to laugh at M's quotes!!! All were great, but I especially liked #3!!!!
ReplyDelete