Jeremy and I have been talking lately about how to teach Maddie about music. She loves it already. We bought her a set of her age appropriate instruments. I cannot think of a day in which she hasn't used one of them in some way. Anyway, I have been scouring the internet looking for good ideas about how we can continue to encourage music without having to sign up for a class, and by scouring I mean maybe about 30 minutes tops.
I think classes are good, but I have a hard time spending money on a mommy and me class. If I am going to pay for something I want her to be actually learning how to play an instrument. Perhaps this is short sighted of me-maybe these classes do more than I think they do. I just don't want to pay around $65-$100+ for a 3-6 week course and get there and think I could do this at home and be wearing a lovely pair of shoes instead.
I know how teachers in school do it. Repetition & incorporate body movements and instruments into the song is pretty much what I was taught in college. But isn't there more?
I came across this site to get me started in the right direction before she starts piano lessons, and some great resources to do at home after. Note: We need to learn how to mimic more before we can even start thinking about doing some of the stuff she recommends. I am a planner.
Please share your thoughts on this, and if you have any great resources you find or have found.
No comments:
Post a Comment